Click here to download PDF
Ph.D. in Economics, University of Minnesota, 2018 (Expected)
M.A. in Economics, University of Chile, 2010
B.A. in Economics, University of Santiago of Chile, 2005
Macroeconomics, Labor Economics
- August 2015 to May 2017: Visiting Scholar, Department of Economics, Stanford University, Stanford, California.
- August 2014 to present: Research Assistant, Research Department, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Research Assistant to Professor Patrick J. Kehoe
- June 2015 to August 2015: Intern, Social Security Administration
- March 2010 to July 2012: Research Assistant, Research Department, Central Bank of Chile
- July 2009 to February 2010: Research Assistant, Center of Applied Economics, University of Chile
Honors and Awards
2017: Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
2014: Hardy Paper Competition, “Product Friction Heterogeneity and the Business Cycle”, joint with Eugenia Gonzalez-Aguado
“Technological Progress and Entrepreneurship”, (job market paper)
“Skewed Business Cycles”, (with Fatih Guvenen and Nicholas Bloom)
“Rich Entrepreneurs and Wealth Inequality”, (with Luis Diez-Catalan)
Work in progress
“The Great Micro Moderation”, (with Nicholas Bloom, Fatih Guvenen, Luigi Pistaferri, John Sabelhaus, and Jae Song)
“Wealth Dynamics of the Super Rich”, (with Simone Civale and Luis Diez-Catalan)
- “Skewed Business Cycles”, presented at the Annual Meetings of the Society of Economics Dynamics (2016, Toulouse, France), the World Congress of the Econometric Society (2015, Montreal, Canada), the CESIfo Conference (2015, Munich, Germany), and at the SITE Conference, (2015, Palo Alto, California)
- “Rich Entrepreneurs and Wealth Inequality”, presented at the Midwest Economic Association (2017, Cincinnati, Ohio)
Teaching and Professional Experience
- Fall 2013 to Spring 2014: Head Grader for Principles of Microeconomics, Department of Economics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Fall 2012 to Spring 2013: Teaching Assistant, Department of Economics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Led recitation sections for Principles of Microeconomics.
- Fall 2011: Teaching Assistant, Department of Economics, Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago Chile. Lead recitations for Macroeconomic Theory II, Ph.D. Level
- Spring 2011 to Fall 2012: Instructor, Business School, Universidad Santo Tomas, Santiago, Chile. Teach Econometrics and Macroeconomics
- Spring 2009 to Fall 2010: Teaching Assistant, Department of Industrial Engineering, Universidad de Chile, Santiago Chile. Lead recitations for Macroeconomic Theory I and Macroeconomic Theory II, M.S. Level.
- Spring 2008 to Fall 2010: Instructor, Department of Economics, University of Santiago of Chile, Santiago, Chile. Teach Econometrics and International Economics.
- Spring 2006 to Fall 2008: Quantitative Analyst, EMG Consulting, Santiago, Chile.
Fortran, Matlab, Stata, SAS, Python
Spanish (native), English (fluent)